Other Novels All The Rivers Run

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi Lan Giao, 19/6/16.

1. Lan Giao

Lan Giao Lớp 7

Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link
    by Nancy Cato
    A WOMAN IN A MAN'S WORLD
    Her handsome, laughing cousin Adam gave young Delie Gordon her first taste of love--its soaring happiness, its heartbreaking pain.

Virile, self-confident riverboat captain Brenton Edwards showed Delie her weakness in the face of a man's overwhelming passion--but though he made her his wife, he could not enslave her proud and defiant spirit.

Wealthy and elegant Alastair Raeburn taught Delie how sweet forbidden ecstasy could be--and how high its ultimate price.

Here is a spellbinding story of a beautiful and vital woman--the man she loved, the children she bore, the dreams she followed, and the destiny she found. Here, set against the lush, wild countryside and winding rivers of Victorian Australia, is a saga that surges over eight dramatic decades and four generations.

[​IMG]

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

When that strange cry dropping from the stars was gone, she still stood rooted like a tree in the riverbank.

I will remember this night as long as I live, she thought. When I am an old woman I will remember this night.

Khi tiếng kỳ lạ từ những ánh sao rơi xuống đó tắt đi, cô vẫn còn đứng sững như một thân cây bên bờ sông.

Cô nghĩ: “Ngày nào còn sống, ngày đó mình còn nhớ đêm nay. Cho đến già mình vẫn còn nhớ đêm nay.”

Các file đính kèm:

thanhphonge, buzzwordy, tycoi and 8 others like this.

Chia sẻ trang này