Pit Dragon Triology - Jane Yolen

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi Song Ngư, 3/10/13.

1. Song Ngư

Song Ngư Sinh viên năm I

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]

[TD="class: alt2, width: 175, bgcolor: #F4F2ED"]Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link
    Bác học

Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link

Tham gia ngày: Dec 2006
    Nơi Cư Ngụ: Hanoi, Vietnam
    Bài gởi: 1,109
    Xin cảm ơn: 667
    Được cảm ơn 25,427 lần trong 1,010 bài
    Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link

[/TD]
    [TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F8F7F4"][​IMG] Pit Dragon Triology - Jane Yolen
    [HR][/HR]Fantasy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trích:
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TD="class: alt2, bgcolor: #F4F2ED"]When I first looked at "Dragon's Blood", I wasn't so sure it would be a good book. I'm a fan of Jane Yolen, but, well, it just didn't look interesting.

I was wrong.

"Dragon's Blood" is an amazing work of fiction. Though I was, at first, strongly reminded of Anne McCaffrey's Pern, the society described in this book took on it's own identity. Yolen creates an amazing planet and culture that arises in the future. While the people do have technology, it is not spectacular. Instead, we are introduced to a charming, though struggling, society built by criminals, a world based on an economy where dragons are raises to fight one another.

The story revolves around Jakkin, a teenage boy, who is, unfortunalty, a bonder (basically a paid slave) He was born free, and his dream is to pay off his bondage and return to freedom. To do this, he steals a dragon hatchling. he plans to raise this dragon into a pit fighter, and thus earn his freedom.

I was impressed with Yolen's vivid desciption and emotion. The story kept an enjoyable balance between light-hearted entertainment and deep meaning. The characters were strongly devoloped and realistic, adding more to the tapestry of the novel.

Like many readers have said, this book may not be suitable for children, for there are subtle references to prostitution. Some may find this shocking, but it fits well with the book's society. Besides, the references are subtle, so a younger, naive child would probably read past these references without a second thought.

Overall, "Dragon's Blood" is a rich, vivid, imaginative novel, and a worthy tribute to Jane Yolen. I am looking forward to reading the book's two sequels.[/TD]
    [/TABLE]

3/4 tập:
    * 1.1 Book 1: Dragon's Blood
    * 1.2 Book 2: Heart’s Blood
    * 1.3 Book 3: A Sending of Dragons
    * 1.4 Book 4: Dragon’s Heart( chưa xuất bản)
    [/TD]
    [/TABLE]

File đính kèm:
    View attachment Pit Dragon 1.rar
    View attachment Pit Dragon 2.rar
    View attachment Pit Dragon 3.rar

Nguồn TVE

minhp thích bài này.

Chia sẻ trang này