Mystery Rebecca Stead Collection

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi conguyen, 4/10/13.

1. conguyen

conguyen Sinh viên năm IV

[​IMG]

When You Reach Me
    by Rebecca Stead
    Winner of the 2010 John Newbery Medal

Four mysterious letters change Miranda’s world forever.

By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend, Sal, know how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They know where it’s safe to go, like the local grocery store, and they know whom to avoid, like the crazy guy on the corner.

But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by a new kid for what seems like no reason, and he shuts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda’s mom keeps hidden for emergencies is stolen. And then Miranda finds a mysterious note scrawled on a tiny slip of paper:

I am coming to save your friend’s life, and my own.

I must ask two favors. First, you must write me a letter.

The notes keep coming, and Miranda slowly realizes that whoever is leaving them knows all about her, including things that have not even happened yet. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can prevent a tragic death. Until the final note makes her think she’s too late.

Nguồn e-thuvien.com

Link:
    Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link

Các file đính kèm:

Last edited by a moderator: 18/9/15
    thanhphonge, caodangkhang and thanhbt like this.
  2. thanhbt

thanhbt Học sinh Thành viên BQT

[​IMG]

First Light
    by Rebecca Stead

Published June 26th 2007

Peter is thrilled to join his parents on an expedition to Greenland, where his father studies global warming. Peter will get to skip school, drive a dogsled, and–finally–share in his dad’s adventures. But on the ice cap, Peter struggles to understand a series of visions that both frighten and entice him.

Thea has never seen the sun. Her extraordinary people, suspected of witchcraft and nearly driven to extinction, have retreated to a secret world they’ve built deep inside the arctic ice. As Thea dreams of a path to Earth’s surface, Peter’s search for answers brings him ever closer to her hidden home.

Rebecca Stead’s fascinating debut novel is a dazzling tale of mystery, science and adventure at the top of the world.

Các file đính kèm:

thanhphonge thích bài này.
  3. thanhbt

[​IMG]

Liar & Spy
    by Rebecca Stead

Published August 7th 2012

When seventh grader Georges (the S is silent) moves into a Brooklyn apartment building, he meets Safer, a twelve-year-old coffee-drinking loner and self-appointed spy. Georges becomes Safer's first spy recruit. His assignment? Tracking the mysterious Mr. X, who lives in the apartment upstairs. But as Safer becomes more demanding, Georges starts to wonder: how far is too far to go for your only friend?

Các file đính kèm:

4. thanhbt

[​IMG]

Goodbye Stranger
    by Rebecca Stead

Published August 4th 2015

Bridge is an accident survivor who's wondering why she's still alive. Emily has new curves and an almost-boyfriend who wants a certain kind of picture. Tabitha sees through everybody's games--or so she tells the world. The three girls are best friends with one rule: No fighting. Can it get them through seventh grade?

This year everything is different for Sherm Russo as he gets to know Bridge Barsamian. What does it mean to fall for a girl--as a friend?
    On Valentine's Day, an unnamed high school girl struggles with a betrayal. How long can she hide in plain sight?

Các file đính kèm:

Chia sẻ trang này