Classics Winston Groom Collection (tác giả Forrest Gump)

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi sun1911, 5/10/13.

1. sun1911

sun1911 Lớp 11

dqskiu
    Mọt sách

[​IMG]

Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump #1)
    by Winston Groom

Let me say this: bein a idiot is no box of chocolates. People laugh, lose patience, treat you shabby. Now they says folks sposed to be kind to the afflicted, but let me tell you–it ain’t always that way. Even so, I got no complaints, cause I reckon I done live a pretty interestin life, so to speak.

I been a idiot since I was born. My IQ is near 70, which qualifies me, so they say. Probly, tho, I’m closer to bein a imbecile or maybe even a moron, but personally, I’d rather think of mysef as like a halfwit , or somethin–and not no idiot–cause when people think of a idiot, more’n likely they be thinkin of one of them Mongolian idiots –the ones with they eyes too close together what look like Chinamen an drool a lot an play with theyselfs.

Now I’m slow–I’ll grant you that, but I’m probly a lot brighter than folks think, cause what goes on in my mind is a sight different than what folks see. For instance, I can think things pretty good, but when I got to try sayin or writin them, it kinda come out like jello or somethin. I’ll show you what I mean.

Các file đính kèm:

2. sun1911

sun1911 Lớp 11

helloween0908
    Thành viên mới

[​IMG]

Gump and Co. (Forrest Gump #2)
    by Winston Groom

Forrest Gump captured our hearts in the #1 New York Times bestselling novel "Forrest Gump", and in the blockbuster film, winner of six Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Actor. Now he returns in the long-awaited sequel to the book hailed by Larry King as "the funniest novel I have ever read." A little older, and wiser in his unique way, Forrest is still running -- this time straight into the age of greed and instant gratification known as the 1980s."Whenever I really get stumped, I go visit Jenny's grave. She tells me she's always rooting for me." The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has gone bust and now Forrest is flat broke, sweeping floors in a New Orleans strip joint, when a fresh opportunity to play championship football puts him back in the limelight -- and in the money. But fate turns fickle again, and he's soon out on the road selling phony encyclopedias and trying to raise his son, little Forrest, who needs his father more than ever. Forrest's remarkable, touching, and utterly comic odyssey has just begun: in store for him is an explosive attempt at hog farming; his own dubious recipe for adding life to New Coke; an encounter with Oliver North of the Iran-Contra affair; and a chance yet again to unwittingly twist the nose of history.

Các file đính kèm:

chuongddt, pdkhoa, TranS and 10 others like this.
  3. thanhbt

thanhbt Học sinh Thành viên BQT

[​IMG]

El Paso
    by Winston Groom

Long fascinated with the Mexican Revolution and the vicious border wars of the early twentieth century, Winston Groom brings to life a much-forgotten period of history in this sprawling saga of heroism, injustice, and love.

An episodic novel set in six parts, El Paso pits the legendary Pancho Villa, a much-feared outlaw and revolutionary, against a thrill-seeking railroad tycoon known as the Colonel, whose fading fortune is tied up in a colossal ranch in Chihuahua, Mexico. But when Villa kidnaps the Colonel’s grandchildren in the midst of a cattle drive, and absconds into the Sierra Madre, the aging New England patriarch and his adopted son head to El Paso, hoping to find a group of cowboys brave enough to hunt the Generalissimo down.

Replete with gunfights, daring escapes, and an unforgettable bullfight, El Paso, with its textured blend of history and legend, becomes an indelible portrait of the American Southwest in the waning days of the frontier.

Các file đính kèm:

pdkhoa, TranS, averelle and 7 others like this.
  4. thanhbt

thanhbt Học sinh Thành viên BQT

[​IMG]

Shiloh, 1862
    by Winston Groom

Offers a detailed account of the Battle of Shiloh, a turning point when both the Union and the Confederacy realized the grand scale of the conflict, the large number of casualties to be expected, and that the war would not end quickly.

Các file đính kèm:

EthanBui, averelle, pthanhhoa and 4 others like this.
  5. duynlk93

duynlk93 Mầm non

Cám ơn bác nhiều ạ

Chia sẻ trang này