Fantasy "Penryn and the End of Days" Trilogy - Susan Ee

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi Haleynguyen2204, 13/5/15.

1. Haleynguyen2204

Haleynguyen2204 Lớp 2

Reference link:
    Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để xem link

Enjoy! :)

My opinion: I've just finished this series and figured I should share this amazingness with everyone. Below is what I wrote on Goodreads:

I, in the most literal sense possible, flew through the three books - "Angelfall", "World After", and "End of Days", with 300 pages each, in one straight sitting of approximately 8 hours.

New record right there, myself!

...Pretty sure that's never happened before.

I'm so over the moon now that I finally understand why people have been overhyping the series to no avail. Yep. It definitely deserves the hype.

Most satisfyingly, my patience payed off, greatly. For, 8 months ago, upon discovering about the "Angelfall" series, I "ordered" myself to keep calm and wait till the last book's release for a marathon. And yep, after the more-than-half-a-year wait, the marathon was so well-spent and worthy of my time and my energy that I just can't help raving about it now.

This series is just FANTASTIC!!! These 3 "babies" are some serious solid evidence right there of that which says angel books can be incredibly marvellous once done right. And Susan Ee did just that, in the process claiming the heart of "Angelfall"'s readers and presenting one of the "coolest" heroines ever.

Seriously, I am still amazed as to how the author could write an angel series that wonderfully, since the genre is known to be quite a challenge when it comes to asking for readers' acceptance. In fact, only few angel books succeed in doing so, namely "The Mortal Instruments" + "The Infernal Devices" by Cassandra Clare (Perfectly perfect. By the way I need those "The Dark Artifices" books. Like. NOW!), "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick (Well, minus book #2 - "Cresendo", which is one of the biggest and most irritating books I've ever had the misfortune to come accross, the rest are immensely enjoyable), "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand (not the best but highly readable), etc. Seriously, those are some of the best books about angels, at least in my opinion; that is. And if there's a top 3 angel-series list, "Penryn and the End of Days" will definitely be the first runner-up, right after those masterful "Shadowhunters" books by Cassandra Clare.

Penryn! Penryn! Penryn! I can just go on chanting her name forever (a bit of an overstatement). Kicking "butts" and exercising extremely proper courses of action, she, together with her dry sense of humor, makes it to my list dedicated entirely to "likable book heroines that can seriously kick a**". For now, that list contains 12 female leads in only series dealing with unrealistic elements, namely Katniss from "The Hunger Games" by Susanne Collins, Rose from "Vampire Academy" by Richelle Mead, Alex from "The Covernant" by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Katsa from "Graceling" by Kristin Cashore, June from "Legend" by Marie Lu, Isabelle from "The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare, Celeana from "Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas, Vin from "Misborn" by Brandon Sanderson, Cassie from "The Fifth Wave" by Rick Yancey, Ivy from "A Wicked Saga" by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Katie from "Lux" by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and of course, Penryn from "Penryn and the End of Days" by Susan Ee. Yep, Penrynn is that awesome, standing in line with all those cool fictional people.

Well... I know this so-called review is quite off topic. But I suppose listing the names of some of the most amazing books and of the most fantastic characters is just the way to express how much I appreciate this series. So in short, I love "Penryn and the End of Days" and would highly, highly reccomend it to everyone.

Các file đính kèm:

Chỉnh sửa cuối: 13/5/15
    khuyenyeu, luongthuy and pthanhhoa like this.

Chia sẻ trang này