The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Thảo luận trong 'Sách tiếng nước ngoài' bắt đầu bởi Song Ngư, 4/10/13.

1. Song Ngư

Song Ngư Sinh viên năm I

[HR][/HR] Nhân đọc Rừng Na-uy của Murakami, nghe nhắc nhiều đến The Great Gatsby của F. SCOTT FITZGERALD nên lùng tìm đọc. Không có bản dịch nên đành đọc bản tiếng Anh vậy.

Kỹ thuật làm ebook còn kém, mọi người thông cảm hén!

Các file đính kèm:

khuyenyeu thích bài này.
  2. Song Ngư

Song Ngư Sinh viên năm I

The Great Gatsby_F. Scott Fitzgerald

Nick Carraway having graduated from Yale and fought in World War I, has returned home to begin a career. He is restless and has decided to move to New York to learn the bond business. The novel opens early in the summer of 1922 in West Egg, Long Island, where Nick has rented a house. Next to his place is the Gatsby's mansion.

Tom and Daisy Buchanan live in East Egg. Daisy is Nick's cousin and Tom had been in the same senior society at Yale. They invite Nick to dinner at their mansion, and he meets a young woman golfer named Jordan Baker, whom Daisy wants Nick to be interested in. During dinner the phone rings, and when Tom and Daisy leave the room, Jordan informs Nick that the caller is Tom's woman from New York.

Myrtle Wilson, Tom's woman, lives is a section of Long Island known as the Valley of Ashes. In the Valley of Ashes is George Wilson's garage. Painted on a large billboard nearby is a fading advertisement for an optician with the eyes of a Doctor looking over them with a pair of glasses.

One day Tom takes Nick to meet the Wilsons. The party breaks up when Myrtle starts using Daisy's name, and Tom breaks her nose with a blow of his open hand. Several weeks later Nick is invited to one of Gatsby's elaborate parties. Nick watches Gatsby and notices that he does not drink or join in the revelry of the party.

At a luncheon with Nick in New York, Gatsby tells Nick that he graduated from Oxford. During lunch Gatsby introduces Nick to his business associate, Meyer Wolfsheim, who fixed the World Series in 1919.

At tea that afternoon Nick finds out the Gatsby wants Nick to arrange a date between him and Daisy. Gatsby had loved Daisy five years ago, but he had been sent oversees by the army. Daisy had given up waiting for him and had married Tom. Gatsby decides to win Daisy back and his first step is to buy a house in West Egg. His house is across the bay from Daisy's house, and he can see a green light at the end of Daisy's dock. It represents his hope.

Gatsby and Daisy meet for the first time in five years, and he tries to impress her with his mansion and his wealth. Tom, Daisy, Gatsby, Nick and Jordan go into the city where the truth is revealed about Gatsby and Daisy. Daisy will not go away with Gatsby and the five-year dream is over. Gatsby and Daisy go home together in a yellow Rolls Royce. On the way home they get into a car accident in which Myrtle was killed. Gatsby will take the blame for Daisy who was driving. George Wilson shoots Gatsby and then kills himself.

Not many people came to Gatsby's funeral except Nick, Mr. Gatz, and a few servants. Nick returns to his hometown.
    File Kèm Theo

[​IMG] View attachment The Great Gatsby_F. Scott Fitzgerald.rar (114.8 KB, 121 lần tải)

3. conguyen

conguyen Sinh viên năm IV

Trích:
    Chapter 1

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

“Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

Cuốn này đã có từ lâu trong TVE nhưng bản do pouring làm ebook đẹp hơn bản cũ trên thư viện. Nên Natphung đã gỡ bản cũ xuống thay bằng bản của pouring. Một lần nữa cám ơn sự đóng góp của pouring.

Nguồn e-thuvien.com

Các file đính kèm:

Chỉnh sửa cuối: 26/8/14

Chia sẻ trang này